Start a new topic

Warning: Possible issue with direction?

I just want to warn you guys of a possible heads up (no pun intended).

I am not a professional analyst, but looking at the realities of current tech and the social realities of current implementations; there might be a slight disconnect between the two and the 'stuff of dreams' really won't coalesce as it has been impressed upon people over the past half decade.

- The Oculus rift is way too over priced. (also was a scam to make money from larger company buying useless tech <-- this I know in my heart).

- People have shown that they don't want weird headpieces blocking their view.

- People are more mobile then ever, so restricted areas/spaces are less profitable and are not in with the groove (arcades went out so long ago).

- Kickstarter and other crowdsourced stuff only really works for pseudo Chinese/American fusions of tech, 'cheap with edge tech visions'.

- Games, especially the indie sector are not pushing peripherals and the slow recessions of joysticks/etc will spill over onto the 'future tech' peripherals. This is rampant on steam. This means AAA titles won't adopt them either. Software/hardware divide is too far apart, as well, which leaves a vacuum for these kind of peripherals.

- Google glass didn't work.

- Competing, proposed/alternative tech still are trying to find the 'magic trick', but none of that includes body sensors.

I am sure you are aware of these issues, but I might suggest you find a way to imprint yourselves onto the indie developers on steam in a way that doesn't waste time.

Kindest Regards,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We will make sure to consider them as we are moving forward. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

As well: New indie sites are popping up and may be a concrete competition to steam if they continue, here is an example:

http://itch.io/

Login or Signup to post a comment