Start a new topic

Prio in raspberry 2

Hi,

I asked this question a long time ago, but a lot has happened since. Are you planning on supporting low end devices such as raspberry 2?

Let me state my plan so that the question becomes even clearer. I'd like to plug priovr into a raspberry and stream real time mocap via UDP (possibly to gear vr). What I need to know is if the Prio software will be compatible with any of the Rasp OS's and harware architectures, and if it will be powerful enough to run it. 

Thank you!

No. The limiting factor I think was that the serial protocol and that the YEI is limited to 250Hz. I suspect to get to 250Hz, I need to use the streaming functions.

But running 20 YEIs for motion capture might overload an rPi.

But why use such expensive chips? There are video processing ways of of doing motion capture and that would be far cheaper than 20 3-axis sensors.

I'm connecting to a YEI over USB to a Model 1 B+ and parsing the data in javascript. I was able to achieve > 200Hz sample rate, but not quite the 250Hz that I was expecting.

Hi, 

I'm not sure what exact sensors does the PrioVR suit have, I assumed they were the same you mentioned. Do those video processing ways work for real-time? I'm not interested in animations, only real time and VR, and AFAIK video processing is either expansive, bulky setup, low quality or not real time. The point of the suit is a good enough real time mocap solution within a domestic budget. Perhaps there's a solution I'm not aware of? (Yes, I know about Perception neuron and Kinect)

Hi, 

I'm not sure what exact sensors does the PrioVR suit have, I assumed they were the same you mentioned. Do those video processing ways work for real-time? I'm not interested in animations, only real time and VR, and AFAIK video processing is either expansive, bulky setup, low quality or not real time. The point of the suit is a good enough real time mocap solution within a domestic budget. Perhaps there's a solution I'm not aware of? (Yes, I know about Perception neuron and Kinect)

Hi Cameron. Do you think it's because the rasp is overloaded? That would be unfortunate, since it would mean the suit will not run at much more than 10Hz, since there are about 20 of these sensors, am I right? Maybe using all cores of rasp 2 performance will be much better than that, but definitely not 200Hz for a full suit.

Am I right?

Login or Signup to post a comment