Start a new topic

LX vs TSS sensor reading

Greetings,

Attempting to switch over to LX sensors from the TSS and using the same codebase (modified slightly for the SPI command differences) to read tared orientation data over SPI at a regular rate.  I'm finding however taking readings at a rate any faster than perhaps one or two reading a second creates a situation in the sensor where all subsequent output is garbled for the command as opposed to the hundreds of readings per second via the TSS with no garbled end result ever.  Sending a software reset to the sensor solves the problem but Im wondering if you can offer any insight as to what might be different between these two sensors in this respect and how Im getting the sensor into this state.  Given there are no more status commands as there were in the SPI reads are there other considerations I should be taking between the issue and retrieval of command data other than sending a 0x69 byte?

Thanks

Scott

1 Comment

Hello, I have a similar question. Is there a sequence of bytes sent/received as an example for using the SPI interface? As it is now, since the protocol has changed, I need to know the exact way of communicating with a LX unit. The manual is very hard to understand under the SPI section.

Should the 0x69 command be repeated for each byte read?

Is there a way to detect when the sensor has started, for example?

As it is now, when reading out data on the MISO pin and the result is 0x00, this could mean the unit is not communicating or that the status is (No new data, updated enabled and 0 bytes in command data).

Login or Signup to post a comment